Tuesday, April 27, 2010

AGAINST FORGETTING






Here are some spreads from my new autobiographical photobook AGAINST FORGETTING. It's a 32 page, 100 copy, print on demand edition.

I've written this in the book by way of introduction and explanation:

For the first thirteen years of my life I lived with my parents in the Auckland suburb of Mt Roskill. Our family home was a modest, two bedroom, flat roofed, weather-board house, which my father had built around 1940. The suburb is known for its volcanic peak, 110 metres in height, one of the many extinct volcanic cones that dot the Auckland isthmus. Mt Roskill has been referred to as the Bible Belt of Auckland with more churches per capita than any other New Zealand suburb.

Now, after more years than I care to think about I’ve gone back to look at my past. Where I grew up. So much has changed. Other things, very little. Here are some photographs. Against forgetting. Harvey Benge, Auckland, April 2010


Copies are available at 25 Euro plus postage, please contact me at: harvey.benge@xtra.co.nz