Thursday, October 30, 2014

Mark Power Reports


I have admired and respected Brighton based photographer Mark Power's work ever since I saw, back in 1997, his beautifully realized series and bookwork The Shipping Forecast. Now, many books and projects later, Mark has produced his first self-published book Die Mauer ist Weg!
Mark talks about the book in his first ever newsletter which arrived in my mail box this morning.

 I’m about to release my first self-published book, 'Die Mauer ist Weg!', under my new imprint, Globtik Books. As many of you already know, I was in Berlin by mistake when the Wall fell and, after a quarter of a century, I’ve finally got around to publishing a book. Released on November 9th, the day of the 25th anniversary, the book can be ordered directly from my website bookshop. If you pre-order before the 9th you’ll get it for the reduced price of £25 (plus postage). On and after the release date it’ll cost £30. I should perhaps also mention that there are just 1,000 copies, and I’ve had a lot of pre-orders. This does, I realise, sound like blatant sales-speak, but I thought you should know.



Mark also talks about several other projects he's been working on...

Mark Power - THE CITY OF SIX TOWNS

Mark Power - POSTCARD FROM AMERICA

Mark Power - PEACEHAVEN (HOMES FIT FOR HEROES)

Mark Power's website is packed with wonderful material and well worth a look HERE.


No comments: